My client is well respected Housing Association based in Surrey. Looking to recruit a Part Qualified Management Accountant. This is an ideal opportunity for a 'career growth' focussed individual, looking to expand their careers.
- Responsible for all management accounts in order to advise on any financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
- To manage the preparation of budgets and management accounts including monthly reports, development reports and to provide detailed bid preparation and monitoring for the Care and Support division of the business..
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly Management Accounts.
- Monthly budget variance analysis.
- Support preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Oversee the management of income and cost for the two revenue streams of Care & Support and Housing.
- Manage the budget process from design to completion and adoption.
- Providing Director of Resources with monthly and ad-hoc financial analysis of company performance reports.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Liaise and assist managers and colleagues with financial queries relating to budget management.
- Responsible for the maintenance and implementation of some financial policies and procedures.
- Assist with the business planning and forecasting of income and expenditure using BRIXX software.
- CIMA or ACCA Part Qualified (or equivilant) ideally with housing or care accounting experience
Knowledge & Understanding
- Management accounting in a financial control context (essential)
- Budget setting & budgetary control (essential)
- Development funding (desirable)
- Supported housing funding (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
- Ability to operate at a variety of levels (essential)
- Able to recognise trends and influence change (desirable)
- Working within strict deadlines (essential)
- General I.T skills and system support experience (desirable)
- Excellent excel spreadsheet skills (essential)
- Strong analytical skills (essential)
- Housing Association Finance (desirable)
- Production and presentation of management accounts and budgets (essential)
- QL system experience (desirable)
- Finance System support experience (essential)
Good all round business acumen and an understanding of the role of the Finance Department in adding value to operational decision making. (essential)
Ability to seek first to understand and then problem solve (essential)
Analytical thinker (essential)
Competitive salary plus study supportParkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Management Accountant
- Housing Association