We are looking for a ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified Management Accountant who is looking to move from practice. Our client is an investor backed venture, part of a European retail operator with plans to expand quickly in the UK. The company will provide a fantastic opportunity to be part of their growth and success story. They are looking for a ambitious and dynamic individual with strong communication skills to work in their head office based in St. Albans.
Our ideal candidate will be ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified and should have post qualification experience working in a practice and be highly IT literate with excellent command of Excel and Microsoft office and knowledge of Xero software.
In this role you’ll be
- Preparing statutory company accounts
- Preparing tax returns including company, personal, partnerships and be able to demonstrate the knowledge of various reliefs available.
- Preparing and issuing monthly management accounts
- Preparing forecasts
- Analysing trends in business
- Monitoring & managing allocated sections from P&L, staff costs, establishment, office costs, personal costs, commercial costs, IT costs, finance/legal costs, including journals, variance analysis, accruals & forecasting.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Monitoring, reconciling & managing allocated balance sheet accounts.
- Ensuring the fixed asset register is routinely maintained and depreciation is posted.
- Monitoring bank reconciliations and ensuring postings are timely and correct.
- Assisting in preparation of consolidated year-end statutory accounts
- Making payments and accruals
- Processing payroll for employees
- Ad-hoc reporting
Key skills required:
- It is essential to come from the professional services industry; the retail business is an advantage.
- 3+ years experience within a similar role (or providing these services via a practice)
- Intermediate Excel - including V Lookups/Pivot Tables
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
Please call Ali at Pink for more information
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts