The Management Accountant - Portfolio is the management accountant for an allocated portfolio of project companies and is to support the Financial Controller - Portfolio in their responsibilities of managing the outputs of the accounting finance team as well as in the line management and development of the accounting team members.
The Management Accountant - Portfolio is also responsible for the overall delivery of all invoicing, credit control and creditor payment processes and cycles, as well as maintenance of the financial records, ledgers and day books for the relevant companies in their portfolio
• Ensure compliance with contractual documentation and all agreed programmes and procedures.
• Prepare monthly management accounts and perform a review with the relevant Finance Manager in accordance with the agreed timetable.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company procedures.
• Review the payments and bank instructions for approval.
• Prepare the annual operating budget for review and approval and process it into the accounting system.
• Prepare the treasury investment proposal.
• Prepare the quarterly corporation tax payments calculation and recommended payment for approval.
• Review and approve the VAT, PAYE, NI, CT61 and R185 returns ahead of processing.
• Undertake the company secretarial administration duties as instructed.
• Maintain the statutory books and loan note registers in line with procedures.
• Manage the statutory audit process, liaising with the auditors for the companies in their portfolio and compiling the statutory audit working papers for submission.
• Prepare the draft annual statutory accounts for review.
• Review and approve sales invoices prepared by the Finance Assistant ahead of distribution to clients.
• Undertake the review and approval of the monthly bank reconciliations.
• Ensure the continuous maintenance of the corporate calendar in respect of activities undertaken by the Accounting Team.
• Draft the end of year corporation tax computation for review and approval.
• Prepare interim accounts in accordance with the agreed calendar.
• Prepare dividend and loan note certificates.
• Support the relevant Finance Manager in the delivery of contractual financial information.
• Participate in the development of the finance function, team and systems.
• Carry out other duties that fall within professional expertise.
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post-holder which may change over time with the business needs of the client. It will therefore be subject to periodic review.
P e r s o n S p e c i f i c a t i o n
• Newly qualified or at least 1 years post qualified experience.
• Management accounting and statutory accounting experience.
• Experience working within a compliance focussed environment.
• Experience in identifying potential issues in respect of complex legislation or policy and providing clear and comprehensive verbal and written analysis.
Demonstrated ability to do the following to a high standard
• Clearly communicate technically complex financial issues.
• Communicate effectively, even when challenged, the reasoning behind an opinion and recommendation with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Support a technical team through the full range of the employee lifecycle.
• Interpret and ensure compliance with relevant contractual obligations.
• Prepare written reports and other communications to ensure a professional style and to a high standard of written English.
• Utilise various financial software packages and Microsoft applications.
• Extremely competent in the use of Microsoft Excel.
• Prioritise and adhere to strict timetables in a pressurised environment.
• Present oneself in a manner one would expect from a professional advisor, overtly abiding by a strict code of conduct and striving for high standards at all times.
• Comfortable to share lessons learnt with peer group.
• Confidence to challenge others where non-compliance is observed.
• Interact well with colleagues and support the wider team by being alert to the challenges faced by colleagues.
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
• Current membership of a recognised accounting body.
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
For more Finance jobs please contact me or one of my colleagues at CMC Consulting Ltd
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.