Commercial Management Accountant - £35,000 - £42,000
Your new company
Your new company is a market leader in their field, specialising in construction.
Your new role
Your new role is a fundamental position in finance.
Your new role will be the bridge between finance and the commercial team, therefore you will directly contribute to some of the key decisions the business makes.
Key responsibilities ; -
- Develop and manage annual budgets and monthly forecasts including rigourous control of the cash flow ensuring that WIP and Debtor balances are kept to a minimum and working in collaboration with the commercial team that aged WIP analysis is provided as part of monthly management accounts
- Preparing financial budgets, forecasts, consolidated P&L and balance sheet reconciliations monthly and annually
- Preparation of monthly and annual management accounts packs for the board
- Ad hoc company secretarial duties
- Adhere to accounting rules and related legislation and ensure banking covenants are met
- Accruals and prepayments
- Reconciliation of Inter Company Accounts
- Assist with financial systems projects and the year end audit process
- Work in collaboration with the commercial team to support business streams, contracts and projects, providing financial management information e.g. analysis of overheads costs, cost reports in agreed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) format, cost variance analysis against budget and forecast, cash flow analysis including Debtors and Aged WIP analysis, accruals and prepayments
What you'll need to succeed
Given the interaction with senior stakeholders in finance and the commercial team, you will need to have very good stakeholder engagement / management and the ability to communicate to board level.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant or have the relevant experience in a similar role / industry. You will have strong excel skills and ideally an understanding of SAGE 200 , however this is not a pre - requisite.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a permanent contract, with a market leading company.
You will receive a salary of £35,000 - £42,000 dependant on experience and a competitive package, which will be explained fully on application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.