Transparent has been asked to support a growing business in the recruitment of a Management Accountant for their UK Finance Team. This is a stand-alone role, so you will need to have a lively and outgoing character, and someone who always takes a proactive approach to the business and the role itself.
Reporting into the Finance Director of a £130m turnover business, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Preparation, analysis, and commentary of monthly management accounts, including review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assessing and updating overhead recovery rates.
- Management reporting on profitability, sales, stock and factory performance on a monthly and weekly basis.
- Producing and reporting on annual budgets for the business.
- Providing financial support to Commercial & Operational Management
- Reviewing Operational KPIs, including labour efficiency and material variances
- Provide product costings for all existing/on-going products, and new products/tenders
- Analysing and presenting CAPEX and OPEX applications.
- Identifying areas for cost savings.
- Learn the ERP system in order to help support the factory in continuous development.
- Assisting in the negotiation of operational contracts
- Creation and analysis of ad-hoc reports to support Department Heads
The ideal candidate will be either fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or be 'qualified by experience’ coupled with relevant sector experience, i.e. FMCG/manufacturing. Strong MS Excel skills are a must, as are strong IT skills, ideally with exposure to ERP systems. Above all, your sector background is key. Recent experience of working in a manufacturing environment is essential in order to support your application.
As a 'stand-alone’ role, it is vital that you have a 'can-do’ attitude and are not afraid to ask questions. You will need to be a self-starter and be adept at problem-solving and solution-finding.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive base salary and the chance to work in a high-growth business, offering stability and a long-term future. In addition, there is a bonus scheme which is company and KPI related.
If you fit the above criteria, and this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please contact Samantha Harris immediately.