This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Private Equity-backed, multi-site Retail company. Due to recent investment this company is looking to grow rapidly opening multiple sites around Central London and potentially overseas. Due to this massive expansion, the company requires a management accountant to oversee, and be a vital member of, a small team to improve the processes before they engage with further growth.
Operating across 8 sites, this company provides a great chance to engage in a fast-paced, challenging environment with regular exposure to senior staff.
To support the Financial Controller and CFO in all finance related aspects, produce and analyse accurate financial and commercial information to support business operations.
Key duties & responsibilities
Reporting and compliance (60%)
- Lead the preparation, analysis and publication of financial reporting (P&L and balance sheet) and supplementary operational KPI reporting
- Responsible for managing and participating in the completion of regular financial and management reporting, including club performance
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and board packs
- Assistance with the co-ordination and preparation of budgeting, audit and covenant reporting processes
- Monitoring of capital expenditure and capital allowance analysis
- All forms of UK corporate tax compliance
Additional responsibilities (40%)
- Credit control and purchase ledger supervision
- Provide retail, stock and revenue support to operational staff, including query resolution and training
- Promote a continuous improvement approach to business policy / process / systems
- Ad hoc commercial analysis, business improvement projects, internal audit etc
- Supporting Financial Controller on key projects
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA ideally with commercial exposure.
- Led, with limited supervision, the preparation of annual budgets, board packs, management accounts, KPI reporting and re-forecasts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player and ability to collaborate with internal and external functions.
- Diligent and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and driven to expand role and identify professional development needs.
If you are interested in applying to this role please send your CV and a cover letter highlighting why you would be suitable for the role . Job reference: CT0104