Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our manufacturing client is looking for a qualified accountant to join their busy finance function as a Management Accountant on an interim basis.
This job would suit a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) to support the Senior Finance Manager with some crucial relationships and partnering with Senior Managers driving important change into specific operational areas of the business. This will also include understanding the costs across this business area and some other general reporting requirements.
The company is currently going through a period of growth following a recent acquisition and some significant new business wins. It is for this reason that an experienced Management Accountant is needed to provide the support to the business
The successful individual will be a Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA accountant with good management accounting knowledge. Experience in the manufacturing sector would be highly advantageous but experience in another product related businesses and involvement with inventory is essential. Strong business partnering skills and, by association, strong communication skills will be needed when working with non-finance on cost control, variance analysis and other finance related issues.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Business Partner providing financial support to the Business Unit for the effective project delivery
- Produce detailed analysis of the BU spend to budget / forecast
- Review and challenge financial performance with functional management
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and forecasting
- Manage budgets on large scale projects with accurate and timely reporting
- Responsible for reporting BU spend by project
- Train Managers to increase their financial awareness
- Maintain a robust and flexible functional accounting system which enables full programme financial review and analysis
- Provide forecast update as and when required with explanation for variances, aligning forecast
- Ensure that revenue recognition requirements are met
- Support Financial Accounting team with the month end postings
For more information about this role or any other Management Accountant jobs in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY.
Quality, Relevance and Reliability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job