The SF Group are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant for a large global FTSE manufacturing business in Nottingham. This business has witnessed growth both organically and through acquisition which has led to the creation of this new role.
As the Management Accountant you will support the European Financial Controller in achieving business objectives by supporting the sites to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information as well as supporting the reporting of management accounts and key performance indicator reports for the group, as well as assisting with the preparing annual budgets, forecasts and capital expenditure projections and competitor analysis. You will also support strategic corporate finance projects including acquisitions and capital investments.
- Manage ad hoc financial accounting projects within the various business units
- Support business integrations of new acquisitions
- Provide Interim finance manager support to sites when required
- Support site Finance teams with ERP/ledger implementations as required.
- Work with the sites to ensure Costing Standards are in adherence to policy & complete reviews on the customer profitability information
- Work with the corporate team to ensure site compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Control requirements. Including following up on any deficiencies identified to ensure swift resolution.
- Undertake balance sheet reviews as necessary or when requested.
- To be a key player in the reporting of management accounts and key performance indicator reports for the group and its different divisions.
- Analyse financial statements submitted by subsidiaries and ensure compliance with Group Accounting Policies.
- To assist in & provide directions for the preparation of annual budgets for as well as monthly Forecasts and Capital Expenditure Forecasts.
- To perform both internal and external benchmarking exercises and track performance vs. industry standards.
- To perform ad hoc financial and accounting analysis.
- To be actively involved in preparing different financial models and projects.
- To be actively involved in strategic corporate finance projects.
You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA or equivalent) ideally with previous experience of working in a fast paced finance function within manufacturing. You will have a thorough understanding of internal controls, as well as strong analytical skills. You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to build rapport at all levels. You will have have strong business and commercial acumen, with the ability to influence and push through change.
This is an excellent role, and offers wide commercial exposure across the business, with the opportunity to get involved in corporate finance activity. The role offers development and clear progression within a global blue chip company.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking to progress your career, then please apply now for immediate consideration.