Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 81,000 clients in 180 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Management Accountant to work in our Group Finance team based in Chiswick, West London.About the Role
To assist the Financial Controller, Corporate Centre, in providing accurate management and financial accounts and information, budgets/forecasts and external statistical reports according to BSI's financial calendar.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To process accruals, prepayments, intercompany recharges, investigate any major variances.
- To prepare on a monthly basis reconciliations of Corporate Centre Balance sheet so that they may be reviewed by the Financial Controller and any appropriate action taken.
- To assist in the preparation of consolidated monthly business unit results to enable the Executive Directors to take appropriate action and make business decisions.
- Provide accounting support and assistance to the Corporate Centre functional managers to enable them to manage their budgets effectively.
- To assist in the development of systems and procedures to establish and enhance control, management information and efficiency for Corporate Centre.
To conduct ad hoc projects as agreed with the Financial Controller.About You
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Proven experience in a similar role is essential
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Part qualified ACCA / CIMA
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Strong organisational and multi tasking skills
What we offer:
This role offers a highly competitive starting salary, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.