Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant in Cambridge. As the Management Accountant for the leisure business. The successful applicant will be working on both the commercial and financial development of the business.
Your typical duties will include:
- Compiling and interrogating the monthly profit and loss accounts, making comparisons to budget, forecasts and previous periods.
- Submitting accurate reports including cash flow and wage forecasts, weekly revenue stats, monthly management packs and annual budget packs.
- Developing best practice accounting and control procedures, and ensuring their implementation throughout the hotel.
- Involvement with the management team in the annual budgeting process, challenging any information and making recommendations as required.
- Supporting the GM in developing and delivering the Business Plan for the Hotel in line with the business strategy.
- Proactively analysing and exploiting commercial and financial opportunities in terms of costs, controls, productivity levels and product development in order to maximise profits.
- React with urgency, highlighting any forecasted sales and profit shortfalls against budget, assisting management wherever possible.
- Compliance with, implementation of and maintaining all statutory and legal requirements demonstrating integrity at all times.
- Assisting in creating a customer responsive culture where exceptional customer service prevails.
- Ensuring business efficiency through the maximisation of the IT systems
- Effective management of the finance function which includes direct responsibility for the Accounts Assistant.
The ideal candidate will be a part qualified accountant although candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and to secure a role where it is possible to add masses of value.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job