U is all about YOU; a forward-thinking startup business based in the heart of Sheffield, with a dynamic team of people working towards a true alternative to traditional banking in the UK.
In building and launching a new type of current account, U has created a platform that will continue to grow and develop, by placing a focus on added value and service.
At U, a relaxed working environment and a welcoming company culture enables new ideas, collaboration and a shared vision to change the future of personal financing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will be a highly reliable individual who is capable of communicating effectively with senior management and various departments. A high attention to detail as well as sharp business acumen is desired.
The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager and manage one Finance Assistant.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with general financial management and reporting
- Production and review of monthly management accounts with assistance from the Company Accountant
- Production of management information
- Budget reporting
- Coaching members of the team
- Suggesting improvements to processes and implementing where possible
- Documenting processes and policies
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Ensuring accounting procedures are compliant with regulations
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- CIMA (other qualifications considered: ACCA/ACA) qualified or finalist (3 exams or less remaining)
- Evidence of strong attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, demanding environment
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office especially MS Excel
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly across all parts of the business
- Methodical, detail-focussed approach to work
- Flexible in approach to meet needs of the business
- Approachable team player
The following skills/experience would be looked at favourably, but are not essential:
- Experience working with Xero Accounting software
- Experience in financial services/banking
- 10% annual bonus (performance based)
- 23 days holiday + 1 additional day each year up to 28 days (not including bank holidays)
- Up to 3% contribution-based pension
- Cycle to work, childcare vouchers, corporate discounted gym membership
- Guidance on developing your research career/ambitions
- Life insurance policy
- Company social activities
- State of the art office in the heart of Sheffield with great transport links (2 minutes from the bus interchange, 5 minutes from the train station and tram stop)
- Financial Management
- Management Accounts
- Microsoft Office