Our client is a specialist CA/TAX and business advisory firm based in central London. This firm is a medium sized 15-20 partner firm with an excellent reputation in business management advice.
We require a PQ accountant ( or even newly qualified) to join the team to present the management accounts to the CEO . The role will be TEMP to Perm, so you will start on an hourly rate and then transfer to a permanent salary if the role works out .
Here is the job spec .
The MA will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records of the Group and for presenting management accounts to the CEO on a timely basis, as well as budgets, forecasts and keeping an accurate cash-flow forecast covering the next 12 months.
Posting of purchase invoices is carried out by an independent third party but the MA will be responsible for checking the accuracy of the accounting treatment and maintaining records of accruals and prepayments etc. Fee invoices are raised by individual partners and their assistants.
Responsible for the overall maintenance of the ledger (timesheets are posted by the individuals and fees / disbursements billed are posted by the partners and their assistants).
- Ensuring that the final month-end balance on the WIP ledger matches the WIP balance in the general ledger.
- Reviewing the timeliness of billing, adequacy of provisions and write-offs.
- Reviewing the recoverability of time-costs by job and by partner.
Main responsibility is ensuring the adequacy of the bad debt provision. In addition the MA will be responsible for ensuring that rent from sub-tenants is collected on a timely basis.
Responsible for overall maintenance of the ledger (purchase invoices are posted by an independent third party.)
- Carrying out regular review of the ledger and investigation of all debit balances.
- Ensuring the purchase ledger postings are up to date and that the aged creditors listing can be used as the basis for a cash-flow forecast.
- Preparing payment proposals in line with the cash forecast.
- Authorising bank transfers.
Cash and Bank:
Responsible for the accuracy of all cash records.
- Preparation of all bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of all reports and reconciliations needed in relation to BM’s invoice financing facility.
- Maintenance of an accurate cash-flow forecast.
- Authorising all electronic bank payments and signing cheques.
Responsible for the accuracy of the general ledger and all management information extracted from it. Postings other than journals are carried out by an independent third party and need to be verified.
- Reconciliation of all control accounts.
- Agreement of all intercompany balances.
- Verification of all balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation and posting of general ledger journals.
- Extraction of trial balance and preparation of management accounts within an agreed timetable.
Responsible for payroll which is prepared and submitted by an independent third party. Payroll amendment sheets are prepared by the HR Manager and approved by the CEO.
- Review of final payroll.
- Authorising the payroll BACS run.
- Reconciliation of all payroll control accounts.
- Authorising all HMRC payments.
Responsible for preparation and submission of the management accounts to the CEO within 10 working days of the end of the month.
- Production and review of a final TB from the general ledger.
- Production of first draft management accounts for review with CEO.
- Investigation of significant variances to budgets, forecasts and prior year.
- Preparing and posting final journals.
- Preparing final draft accounts to CEO.
- Microsoft Excel
- Part Qualified
- Month End Close