Management Accountant required
Salary of up to £27,000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity for a studier who is looking for a progressive role in order to take on more duties over time.
My client within the FMCG sector is looking for the management accountant to assist the Head of Finance and support the company`s ambitious growth plans.
The management accountant will contribute by providing accurate and relevant financial information for the business on a timely basis. The company uses IT extensively to analyse and manage the business and a high level of IT literacy and attention to detail would be required to be successful in the role.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Assisting in the production of accurate and timely management accounts, reports and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of KPI and variance reports for management.
- Posting of journals including calculation of depreciation, accruals and prepayments.
- Monitoring warehouse stock levels and ordering stock as required in line with company policy and procedures.
- Reviewing and checking VAT transactions and preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assisting in the preparation of P11D`s and other statutory returns.
- Supporting the accounts assistant with the more complicated elements of transactions within the bank account, purchase and sales ledgers.
- Helping non-financial management understand the financial implication of their decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Accountancy qualification-Part/Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of preparing journals and working on management accounts
- IT literate with good Microsoft Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables and charts)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of working in an FMCG environment with an understanding of stock cost/margin
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-finance staff at all levels of the business
- Own transport and full driving license
- Management Accountant required