This role is working for a global company who consider itself as a career platform for people from a wide variety of professions and across all hierarchical levels. The company strives to create the ideal environment for all employees to succeed and progress in their chosen field. Individual support motivates staff, and motivation is essential to ensuring personal commitment and excellent results.
This global company are currently recruiting through Meridian to help them find a Management Accountant (Project Controller) to join there ever growing team.
- Act as Head of UK Project Controlling covering 5 Business Units in the UK.
- Participate in Global and Cross-Business Unit tasks
- Controlling of international customer projects from RFQ until EOP
- Supporting the Strategic Project Controlling / Preparing decision papers in the context of Strategic Project Controlling
- Business Partner of the Project Manager & Project Team, Project Team Member
- Supporting the Project Management and all project layers regarding all business relevant and financial control topics
- Create, continuously update and analyse Business plans for projects and interact with the Project manager, Project team and respective Business Unit
- Prepare the project profit and loss and prepare variance reporting
- Define measures to improve the project results (e.g. Gross Margin, EBIT), together with the Project manager and the Project team, track and control the execution
- Support active Change / Claim Management, creating transparency and reporting financial effects
- Ensure the reconciliation of Project and Central Controlling
- Define planning parameters, calculate hourly rates, overheads, allocations, etc
- Introduce and optimise Project controlling and Reporting Tools, and needed processes and systems
- Support and guide subordinates in the Project Controlling function
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of the set-up of efficient Project Controlling in a multinational company
- Knowledge in the field of Strategic Project Controlling
- Mastering Project Controlling methods, tools and processes
- Method based and structured mode of operation
- Analytical and process oriented skills
- Distinctive understanding in the context of complex and cross functional requirements
- Strong Communicator, Team player, resistant, assertive and willing to travel international
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of SAP/R3 and multidimensional databases
- Excellent knowledge in MS-Office (especially in Excel)
- Business fluent in English (German also beneficial)
£30,000- £35,000 per annum
Hours of work
Monday-Thursday 7.50am-4.30pm Friday 7.50am-1pm
Call Laura on or email your CV to
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- "Project Lead" or "Project Controller"