We believe that your business deserves allies who make life better. We are a firm of proactive Chartered Accountants and Growth Specialists who want to help our clients meet their aspirations. We want to make sure we focus on the issues that are important to you and demonstrate that our real value is in helping your business to succeed and grow.
The person in this role will be one of two management accountants working with the senior management accountant to provide high quality management information (reporting and analysis) for a varied portfolio of clients. The management accounting team works closely with the business growth team which supports clients’ governance and strategic development, often attending client board meetings to present management information and business performance analysis. The management accounting team’s work also aids the work of the company’s statutory accounts team.
Our purpose is to work with our clients’ own finance teams to provide reliable and timely financial information to enable the management of our clients’ companies to make decisions and monitor performance.
The ability to build excellent working relationships with both our clients and our colleagues will be critical to success in this role.
- To build excellent professional relationships with clients, colleagues and other all other stakeholders.
- To become a key part of the team and represent high standards of professionalism at all times.
- To attend client premises and perform month-end processes in order to generate reliable data from which to produce management information packs. Check lists are available for each client but this typically involves;
o reconciling balance sheet items to source documents
o performing profit & loss analysis to ensure the correct allocations of revenue and costs
o reviewing cut-off items to ensure correct revenue and cost recognition (e.g. work in progress, goods in transit, purchase reserves, prepayments and accruals.
- To produce high quality management information packs to the client’s specification and by the required deadline. This will usually include a statement of profit and loss, a balance sheet, a cash flow statement, a range of key performance indicators, analysis of variances and a commentary.
- Where our clients complete month-end processing, your role will be to review management information for completeness and accuracy, and discuss findings with the client.
- To ensure that the systems that our clients use, and processes which our clients perform, are robust and well-documented.
- To support the maintenance and development of client accounting systems and processes and resolve issues where possible.
- To complete VAT returns, EC sales lists and any other reports as required by the client.
- To provide advice and training for clients on technical accounting or tax matters, referring queries to the appropriate colleague where applicable.
- To prepare the information required for the accounting and tax teams for clients’ statutory year-end reporting.
- To seek opportunities to add value to the services we provide to our clients.
- To perform any other ad hoc duties as required.
- To travel to and from client sites using your own transport.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be qualified in, or studying towards, a recognised accounting qualification (e.g. AAT, ACCA or CIMA)
- Be an excellent team player
- Maintain the highest professional standards at all times
- Have a positive mindset and a proactive approach to your work
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form
- Have an enquiring mind and be able to demonstrate good analytical skills
- Be able to explain complex financial issues to non-financial experts, clearly and concisely
- Be confident with MS Office applications, and Excel in particular
- Be familiar with a range of accounting software packages (e.g. Sage, OGL, Xero)
- Be comfortable working independently (you will frequently visit client sites alone)
- Be trusted to treat client and commercially sensitive information in complete confidence
- Be methodical & well-organised, and prepare detailed notes of visits and actions
- Be able to manage your own time, coping well with periods of increased pressure & conflicting priorities, and be prepared to help out colleagues in quieter times.
Benefits: Annual leave of 20 working days (plus statutory holidays) increasing to 25 days after 2 years
Study support package (tbc), Pension
Hours of work: Monday to Friday from 08:30 - 17:00 with an hour for lunch
- Management Accounting
- Management Information
- Resolve Issues
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'