Urgently seeking a Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) Management Accountant to join an award-winning organisation in City of London.
Management Accountant - About The Role
Our client are an award-winning organisation in City of London. As the Management Accountant you will:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and perform a review with the relevant Finance Manager (FM) in accordance with the agreed timetable.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Process cash book entries and invoices into the accounting system and update invoice trackers as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company procedures.
- Prepare monthly and year end audit files in line with internal policies and procedures
- Manage the purchase invoices approval process, and prepare a summary of recommended payments, instructed payments from the FM and necessary bank instructions, for review.
- Prepare sales invoices for the FM ahead of distribution to clients.
- Manage bank accounts; ensure bank mandates / online banking authorisers are up to date per FM’s instruction, monitor cashflow to ensure sufficient funds available for payments, and manage cash balances to ensure optimum use through deposits.
- Prepare VAT and CIS returns.
- Manage the statutory audit process, liaising with the auditors and Finance Manager’s for the companies in their portfolio and compiling the statutory audit working papers for submission.
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts.
- Ensure the continuous maintenance of the corporate calendar in respect of activities undertaken by the Accounting Team.
- Draft the end of year corporation tax workings for the statutory accounts.
- Assist the FM in the preparation of finance reports for delivery to the board of directors
- Assist the FM in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Support the relevant FM in the delivery of contractual financial information.
- Prepare and submit National Statistics responses.
- Participate in the development of the finance function, team and systems
- Management and development of Finance Assistant (not direct line management)
- Ensure all documents are filed correctly and all files are well kept.
- Carry out other duties that fall within professional expertise.
The successful Management Accountant will:
- Ideally being part qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Management Accountant - Benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised canteen
- 25 days holiday
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)