WSS Associates is working exclusively with a Property lending business, formed by a highly experienced team of industry professionals.
About the role
The role reports into the Head of Finance and requires an individual with a strong team focus and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to grow in a very hands on and varied role in an expanding start up business. Strong reporting and analytical background with accounting technical skills under new UK GAAP/ FRS102 with ideas on how to improve processes and implement change.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and accounting to trial balance level
- Preparation of monthly bank funding securitisation models for review by Head of Finance
- Ownership of all loan data and maintaining master data to track all loans
- Preparation of loan funding documentation
- Identify areas for improvement across management information and reporting
- Supporting the credit team through the lending process including: deal IRR calculations/verifications, ongoing credit control reconciliations of borrower repayments, loan redemption statement preparation, Direct Debit file submissions
- Ownership of purchase ledger
- Review bank journals
- Exposure to and cover across all areas of the small business as required
Job Specific Experience
- Recently qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant with experience in bridging finance/ lending desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of accounting of Securitisation vehicles would be advantageous
- Willingness to take on all aspects of work in small team/ business
- Good interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships across departments and external reporting counterparties
- Analytical Background