Our client is a growing multi-site business who due to continued growth and acquisitions see to hire a part qualified Management Accountant to join their growing business. The role will be broad and responsibilities will include:
- Produce timely and accurate management information in accordance with internal deadlines and in compliance with the Group accounting policies.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packs for distribution to SRI, Board and the business as a whole.
- Review expense postings to ensure accuracy and legitimacy, circulating transaction reports to the business on a weekly basis and resolving any identified issues.
- Post necessary journals and ensure all entries are processed through the GL so that accurate Management Accounts are produced and issued in accordance with internal guidelines in appropriate formats, including analysis work as required.
- Ensuring all journals are authorised before posting to the nominal.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, taking remedial action to rectify any errors, ensuring that the company's assets and liabilities are accurately recorded, providing supporting explanation where appropriate.
- Maintenance of schedules for prepayments and accruals, ensuring costs are accounted for in the correct accounting period.
- Preparing the daily sales and margin report, issued to senior management, identifying and addressing any issues with inaccuracies of incoming data.
- Act as a point of contact for finance queries from a designated area of the business.
- Maintain management reporting systems to ensure integrity and accuracy
- Managing the accounting of fixed assets and leases, in accordance with company policies.
- Preparing the VAT returns, Intrastat and EC Sales List Returns.
- Assistance in preparing schedules for audit, including liaison with auditors where necessary.
- Supporting the annual budgeting process, as well as the quarterly re-budgeting and full year forecasting processes.
- Continual improvement of management reports to meet the growing needs of the business, as agreed with management and the Group Financial Controller.
- Provide cover for other members of the team as appropriate.
- Other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job and the title of the position that may arise from time to time or as required by management.
A salary of £40,000-£45,000 is on offer plus great benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'