Management Accountant - London - 40k
Internationally renowned sports club are looking for a Management Accountant to join their London based finance function. The role is of a broad nature working across finance reporting into the Finance Manager, the position will suit a part/recently qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant looking to develop a career in the sports industry.
The Role -
- Production of monthly management accounts for the group as well as a charitable foundation including commentary on key variances to budget.
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all group companies.
- Monthly budget holder meetings to discuss results versus budget and forecasting future risks/opportunities.
- Match accounts production including commentary on key variances.
- Assist the Finance Manager with rolling forecasts and budgets.
- Production of VAT returns for the trading group and the charitable foundation.
- Knowledge of charity financial reporting standards (desired but not essential).
- Analysing the monthly cash flows and giving insight on variances to forecast.
- Deputising for Finance Manager as necessary.
- Adhoc reporting duties and dealing with internal and external queries as required.
- Maintaining a strong controls environment throughout the business.
- Coaching junior members of the Finance team to support cross-training objectives.
- Proactively look to improve processes and maximise efficiencies within the finance team and wider business
- Assist in the year-end audit process with external auditors for all group companies
The Person -
- Part or fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong excel skills (advanced level - except macros).
- Interest in the sports sector
- Strong communications skills
- Good commercial awareness