You will be responsible for production of the monthly management accounts for a number of companies in the partnership. More importantly you will regularly be liaising with the business and working closely with Managing Directors and Heads of Department to ensure budgets & forecasts are on track.
This is a diverse role that gives real responsibility and autonomy whilst also offering support of a very experienced finance community. The role is demanding but will also lead to fantastic career opportunities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare monthly management accounts including commentary on all material variances.
• Preparation and posting of all month end accrual, prepayment and re-classification journals and subsequent reconciliation of management accounts to Paprika.
• Liaising with Business Directors to ensure correct recognition of income.
• Review and authorisation of monthly payroll and staff costs.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations and the preparation of monthly balance sheet reporting pack for submission to Chime.
• Group Reporting via TM1 consolidation tool.
• Authorising all overheads, ensuring costs are being managed in-line with budgets.
• Check and authorise all staff expenses.
• Working with Managing Directors and Heads of Departments to ensure forecasts are up-to-date and accurately reflect the income and costs expectations.
• Preparing forecasts for review with founding partner, CEO, CFO.
• Ad-hoc analysis to help support the business with decision making.
• Prepare annual budget for each company.
• Support with the annual preparation of statutory accounts and tax packs including liaising with external auditors at annual review.
EXPERIENCE/SKILL SET REQUIRED:
• You must be hard working with a committed, "Can do" attitude.
• High attention to detail, organised, manage own time and workload and self-motivated, with the ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines and with little supervision.
• Demonstrate a logical approach to challenges and be proactive, with a proven history in taking the initiative to solve problems.
• Strong, confident communicator with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate information to financial and non-financial stakeholders.
• Great team player.
• Part-qualified or recently qualified CIMA/ACCA accountant with a minimum of two years' experience of management accounts, ideally within a creative agency (Advertising, Branding, Marketing etc).
• Experience must have been gained in a commercial and collaborative environment and include the preparation and analysing of management accounts in a timely and efficient manner as well as forecasting and analysis.
• Strong Excel ability with experience using Pivot Tables, Vlookups, data linking etc.
• Knowledge of our accounting package Paprika would be beneficial but is not essential.
• Life Assurance
• Private Healthcare - through Pru Health
• Income Protection
• 25 days holiday (additional to bank holidays, the office may also close for 3 days over Christmas and New Year and work permitting, half a day before a bank holiday)
• Mobile phone
• Enhanced maternity pay/ 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave (after qualifying period)
• Season ticket loan after 3 months
• Fresh fruit daily
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Corporate Gym Membership
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job