The individual will be responsible for servicing the needs of a portfolio of private equity or real estate clients. The individual will liaise with the CFO and financial team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met. There will also be a number of responsibilities including tracking the financial performance of the fund and assisting with calls, distributions and other day to day functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
• Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
• Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information.
• Calculation of deal and fund level IRRs and other performance metrics.
• Dealing with yearend audit including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
• Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
• Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's accounting operation.
• Collect appropriate data and preparing government reports and tax returns.
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required:
• A full understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within a funds environment.
• Understanding of the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence
• The individual must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have demonstrated working use of accounting packages.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job