A newly created operational accounting role within a fast paced and innovative large manufacturing company, based in West Cumbria has arisen - full time and permanent. The key purpose of the role is to report and interpret manufacturing data & variances and control a cost structure for this dynamic, global manufacturing business.
This role would be ideal for a solid management accountant, with a particular strength towards costing, stock and manufacturing operations. Some who will enjoy the variety of getting around the business and communicating to a wide audience as well as the requirement to work with ERP systems, produce financial reports and manipulate large volumes of data as required.
- Ensure accuracy of standard costs used within the business for transfer pricing and inventory valuation
- Prepare and interpret manufacturing KPI data
- Understand and investigate manufacturing and procurement variances
- Work with production to improve value added rates and direct labour utilisations
- To continually improve process and performance of role
- Help in the preparation of accurate and timely management accounts pack for review by Finance Director
- Responsible accountant for production cost centres - act as liaison between Finance and operations
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Development of reporting for use within Finance and Operations
What qualifications, skills and experience does the role require?
- Part or fully Qualified CIMA (or ACCA)
- 2 years+ experience of working in a similar role; Management and or Cost accounting within a large manufacturing/engineering company
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of stock is highly desirable
- Excellent systems ability, ideally with complex ERP systems
- Ability to analyse business processes and systems
- Advanced Excel ability, particularly in handling large data sets
- Presentation/training skills
- Strong communicator, able to build relationships with colleagues at all levels across the business
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary will be in-line with CIMA qualification status/experience. Part qualified starting salary around £25,000 + study support package to being a highly experienced fully qualified salary region up to/around £42,000
- CIMA study support package is available for active studiers regards paying for exam fees etc.
- Company Pension Scheme - 4% Employer contribution
- Working Monday-Friday 35 hours per week (early finish on a Friday)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (33 days)
- Advanced Excel
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Transfer Pricing
- ERP Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"