This is a fantastic opportunity to join the accounts team of a media company based in Bath. You’ll be working within the management accounts team to prepare and provide financial information for commercial Managing Directors and senior management. You’ll work under the guidance of the Financial Controller to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting each month, quarter, year.
Supporting the company in their day to day financial needs helping them deliver on their Budget and KPI targets and to flag/analyse/help resolve any issues in achieving this in consultation with the Financial Controller and Finance Director. Also, you’ll have a new graduate directly reporting to you- so will be required to be a role model and help develop them in their Assistant Accountant position.
- Perform the Management accounting activities for the UK brands as required. Preparing monthly management accounts which for the avoidance of doubt includes; Bank reconciliations, P&L’s, Balance Sheets and all associated reconciliation schedules.
- Ensure reporting is timely and in accordance with company policies.
- To help continue the development of and maintain an appropriate control environment to prevent / mitigate financial and associated business risks in line with the MSN accounting handbook processes.
- Lead accounting for Magazine division and revenues across the Group
- Review a portfolio of magazine, website and other digital financial reports.
- Ensure the smooth running of Receivables and Payables.
- To action and monitor any ad-hoc / additional reporting as required.
- Preferred candidate would be from an industry background with relevant CIMA qualification or equivalent with 4-5 years+ experience.
- Ability to work with non-financial commercial managers to resolve accounting queries.
- Explaining financial concepts to non-financial managers.
- Strong Excel skills and quick to pick up a variety of reporting packages.
- Experience of NetsuiteERP system.
Experience in the publishing or media industries.
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job