Owing to expansion, a newly created Management Accountant/Analyst role has arisen to maximise efficiency, and reduce costs for an exceedingly successful, acquisitive international logistics business. Based in North Kent, the highly commercial Management Accountant/Analyst role reports to the Finance Manager and has responsibility for the following;
- Interrogation, reconciliation and analysis of key costs to influence business decisions
- Conduct pricing reviews and maintain pricing databases
- Reviewing supplier contracts for repairs, labour, associated transport costs, maximising profitability
- Operational costing of vehicle fleet
- Reporting on fleet efficiency, profitability of subcontracted work, short term forecasts
- Preparation of management accounts
- Balance sheet recs
- Assist in budget and forecast
- Adhoc project work
This role offers an interesting mix of the routine management reporting coupled with adhoc analysis. What we need from you is an enquiring mind, and someone who naturally seeks solutions to problems. As an independent business, the successful candidate will enjoy a broad, fast paced role and the satisfaction of seeing the tangible outcome of their recommendations.
Ideally an ACCA or CIMA studier, candidates must demonstrate relevant commercial management accounting experience. A background in transport or logistics would be particularly advantageous.
It is a genuine opportunity to contribute to the success of the organisation. As an independent family run business where every staff member is valued, excellent benefits include study support, 25 days holiday, discount scheme, subsidised gym, free parking, matched pension up to 5%.
- "management accounts" or "budgets" or "forecasts" or "balance sheet" or "analysis" or "part qualified" or "assistant Accountant"or "financial analyst"