My client is a UK Market Leader, due to continued growth and internal promotion they now have a vacancy for a Management Accounting Analyst.
The Management Accounting Analyst is part of a business segment team responsible for the production of timely and accurate monthly / quarterly / year-end Management accounts for a business segment within UK Business.
This role is directly responsible for the preparation of management accounts. An inward looking role, the incumbent can expect to concentrate on detailed reconciliation, transaction and internal control activity.
Key Roles, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities:
1. Operations Management
• Provide accurate, timely, and relevant production cost information to business unit stakeholders
• Develop and provide inventory Management and analysis including key reconciliation of purchased, produced and overhead cost variances
• Provide financial analysis and reconciliation of production cost components as required
• Support the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes. Execute key components of the planning process according to defined timelines
• Maintain key components of Inventory Valuation Master data
• Ensure synchronization of Key Production Master data related to Inventory Valuation
• Execute annual and interim standard costing activities using established tools and inventory valuation techniques
• Work with Management Accounting Specialist to ensure timely processing of physical inventory adjustments
• Execute the required Month End Processing steps according to established closing calendar deadlines
• Key Balance Sheet Account reconciliation and analysis activities including GRNI and Logged Voucher
• Preparation of specific business event accruals / provisions
• Production and maintenance of standard and statistical (governmental, trade association) Management packages
2. Stakeholder Management
• On ad-hoc basis, participate in service delivery meetings providing status on team performance, potential issues, and the like as well as providing input on continuous improvement and issue resolution
3. Service and Cost Management
• Execute agreed Service Level Agreements with key business stakeholders
• Participate in identifying and implementing continuous improvement measures within own team and for raising similar opportunities across end-to-end accounting processes
4. Team Leadership
• Actively participate in team deliverables, provide support to Senior Specialists where required
Applicants must have previous management accounting experience and be proactively working towards securing a formal qualification (AAT, ACCA or CIMA).
You must have a high level of IT Literacy to include MS Excel, with knowledge of ERP Systems such as Oracle, JD Edwards or SAP.
In return, my client can offer a challenging and progressive opportunity with a comprehensive study support package, an excellent basic salary plus bonus and benefits.