Based in this business’ offices in the Dartford/ Swanley area, you will be working as a Management Accountant on a Maternity Cover contract for a period of 15 Months.
About The Role
Within this maternity Cover contract you will be working as a Management Accountant and will be responsible for a portfolio of projects that the business are involved with. Supporting the Financial Controller in managing the outputs of the accounting and finance team in relation to the projects you are assigned to. Although this is a contract role working as a Management Accountant position, you will have a variety of responsibilities ranging from full Management Accounts preparation through to statutory accounts preparation, your key duties will include:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts and performance reviews
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Review the payments and bank instructions, providing approval
- Prepare the annual operating budget for review and approval
- Prepare draft annual statutory accounts for review
- Review and approve monthly bank reconciliations
- Support the finance manager in additional responsibilities
About Our Client
This role is working for a busy business that can produce further opportunities for you over the course of the contract.
For this Management Accountant contract we are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) that has good Management Accounts experience and is available to commit to the entire contract. Key skills, qualifications and responsibilities required for this role include:
- Hold a full accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of Management Accounts
- Exposure to statutory accounts
- Strong communication skills including providing commentary and presenting information
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot table and Lookup level)
Things You Should Know
As this is a Maternity Cover contract that is due to last for 15 months, we are looking for an individual than can commit for the contract. As with any maternity cover contract there is always the possibility to turn permanent.
Commutable from: Bromley, Caterham, Croydon, Redhill, Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Maidstone, Orpington, Dartford, Gravesend, Chatham, Gillingham, Sidcup, Eltham, Bexleyheath
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)