This is a very varied role and requires somebody flexible to assist with the day to day running of the accounts team as well as the monthly management accounts.
A proven track record with management accounts and experience using an ERP system is essential.
• Review all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Accurate coding of all invoices based on chart of accounts
• Prepare weekly cash requirement reports based on payments due
• Process weekly payments including invoice matching to checks, obtaining approvals and distributing accordingly
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports of accounts payable accounts and payments
• Assist with the preparation and filing of all VAT returns
• Timely response to vendor and employee inquiries
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Process purchase orders through the Oracle system
• Assist with customer collection efforts
• Prepare recurring and period-end journal entries
• Perform month-end account reconciliations
• Timely completion of month end close
• Supports monthly accounting close process through reporting and analytics
• Process and audit employee expense reports in the Company’s expense system
• Participate in the annual financial and statutory audits with external Audit firm
• Monitor internal control environment and implement changes as needed
• Prepares various ad hoc reports and other special projects for management as requested.
This role will suit somebody with good Management Accounts experience and an enthusiastic can do attitude.
Previous experience with an ERP system is essential.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business