Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for a motivated, reliable and proactive Male Support Worker to join our friendly staff team at The Willows in Walkden, Salford. Here we provide quality care and support to individuals with a range of support needs including learning disabilities and Autism. Our vibrant supported living service in Walkden, Salford is home to two service users living in their own self-contained flats. No two days will be the same at this service as we support our service users to follow their passions and engage in a range of activities including shopping, board games, movie nights, drives out, water play and many more! We are looking for Support Workers with experience supporting individuals with challenging behaviour and an ability to tailor their communication skills according to the needs of the individual.
Your Support Worker role will include:
- Providing excellent respectful personal care, administering medication and lone working,
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes,
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest,
- Full time hours (37.5 hours per week) to be worked flexibly according to the needs of the service,
- Driving is an essential requirement for this role.
Up to one year’s experience supporting individuals with learning disabilities is essential for this role, as is a full UK driving license. The Willows is based in Walkden, Salford and is a five minute walk from the town centre and Walkden train station. It has great public transport links with bus routes from Manchester city centre and Bolton town centre.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
- You can choose to be paid on a weekly or monthly basis.
‘Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010’
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline. We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'