We are looking for Male Support Workers to join this innovative and high quality education and care establishment providing support to adult males with learning disabilities. An NVQ in Health and Social Care at Level 2 would be desirable, but what you do need to demonstrate are the right values, behaviours and attitude to become part of such a caring team.
Temporary and flexible shifts are available on weekdays, evenings, overnight and weekends too, with the potential to become a permanent position. The role is based in Golders Green.
No two days are the same, but general responsibilities are:
- Supporting male adults to maintain their emotional, physical, spiritual, cultural and psychological wellbeing.
- Exploring and understanding people’s strengths, passions and interests, using this knowledge to help determine a responsible support for individual’s needs.
- Building confidence and self-esteem, developing opportunities to enable relationships in the local community.
- Organising a wide range of activities including exercise, cooking, arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, shopping trips and other special occasions.
- Completing paperwork where necessary.
- Assisting and supporting individuals with medical/health needs, including maintaining a high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Committing to showing dignity and respect at all times.
- Using own initiative and creativity to engage those supported.
- Complying with policies and procedures as set by the organisation and regulatory bodies including the Care Quality Commission & the local boroughs.
What’s important here is a willingness to learn and develop new skills whilst radiating positivity! You have the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives, and the most supportive team around you to help you do just that.
If you’d like to make a difference, please apply for this role today.
Due to the nature of this role, the selected candidate will be subject to a DBS check carried out by the employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job