JOB TITLE: Major Partner Support
LOCATION: London Office (SW1P)
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9.45am -5.45pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 11:00am -7:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am -3.30pm (Two per month)
CONTRACT: 12 month Fixed-Term Contract
DIRECT REPORTING TO:Director of Fundraising
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Premier is the UK’s leader in Christian media and communications and is primarily a donor-supported ministry. Premier continues to grow and develop its major donor programme in order to secure mid and high level support from both known and new sources with a particular focus on securing 3-year pledges to help stabilise Premier’s finances. This role will play an important part in supporting the work of the wider Major Donor team, maximising the returns from the donor events programme, and ensuring the best possible experience for Premier’s donors.
- Implement agreed Major Donor fundraising strategies and campaigns as directed by the Director of Fundraising.
- Phone contacts as part of targeted campaigns in support of the Major Donor, Legacy and Pledge programmes.
- Contribute to donation targets by growing support from existing major donors and securing new major donors by bringing them into a closer relationship with the station and its ministry.
- Be a compelling communicator on the work of the organisation and an effective ambassador for Premier in any face to face donor interactions including at events and receptions when this is applicable.
- Feed the 3-year Pledge programme by following up on major donor events to activate/uplift support.
- Feed the 3-year Pledge programme by converting existing one-off donors to Direct Debit giving.
- Feed the 3-year Pledge programme by delivering Regular Giving uplift campaigns.
- Reinstate significant donors whose giving has lapsed through reactivation campaigns.
- Maintain and grow 3-year Pledge programme by carrying out ongoing pledge renewal campaigns.
- Accurately and securely add, update and maintain financial and other personal details onto a database, in accordance with data protection requirements.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the Major Donor Team.
- Participate and contribute to regular Major Donor meetings.
- Ensure that all donors and potential donors are spoken to politely and professionally, giving them accurate information and answering their queries efficiently and honestly.
- Have a clear, positive and pleasant telephone manner at all times.
Treat all donors with respect and patience in line with our Christian values.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Five GCSE’s (grade C or above) or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Experience in telemarketing or fundraising is not essential but would be an advantage.
- Team working experience.
- Proven administration, multi-tasking and prioritising skills.
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and flexible.
- Friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
- Good at building relationships.
- Energetic and have the ability to work in a busy, high pressured environment.
- The post-holder will work in a Christian environment and with Christian organisations and ministries and must be comfortable in this environment.
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
- Administrative Support
- Microsoft Office
- High Impact