Major Maintenance Technician
Are you an experienced Major Maintenance Technician or Engineer looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Major Maintenance Technician for our team, covering the South West Region working 45 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Major Maintenance Technician, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Major Maintenance Technician:
- Proven hands on experience of the operation and maintenance of equipment relevant to the role.
- General engineering and operations experience in a heavy engineering environment.
- Practical experience of engine, plant process maintenance and diagnostics
- Electrical and electronic experience in low voltage systems
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering
- Full driving License
Major Maintenance Technician Responsibilities include:
- Provide a fully comprehensive overhaul and repair for all the Power Gen portfolio of equipment.
- Attend site for scheduled planned shutdowns and conduct the job brief within the allotted time or better following OEM guide and industry best practice.
- Assist the Lead Major Maintenance Technician to identify, specify any unforeseen anomalies that weren’t part of the job brief or have resulted as a consequence of site conditions.
- Liaison with internal personnel, Horbury Re-Furb Centre HRC and external contractors to ensure downtime of LFE utilisation equipment is kept to a minimum.
- Assisting in ensuring Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation is adhered to on site
- Continuous development and improvement of engineering material supplies
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Major Maintenance Technician.
Closing Date: 26th March 2018
- Major Maintenance Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"