Your new company
Household-name and leading UK and international full-service accountancy/advisory firm, with a proactive and strategic internal finance function. FC's support either fee-earning service lines or internal firm services. The firm has an excellent reputation for prioritising internal moves so it is easier than many to see a career path ahead of you once in. They support agile working.
Your new role
You'll be working closely with the management of the relevant support area of the business providing financial support and advice.
The role is within a key division delivering financial guidance to the Management team on numerous new initiatives and programmes, all of which require a significant investment in IT infrastructure and support to succeed.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Communicating with all levels of your internal clients both informing and being informed.
- Understanding, collating and translating information received.
- Informing management about relevant financial information and context.
- Assisting area leads and local management in understanding the financial position.
- Coordination and consolidation of financial projections and plans.
- Review of monthly results & production of monthly reports.
- Reporting and control of overheads.
- Control of balance sheet plus reconciliations of control accounts and sub-ledgers.
- Creation, posting and control of journals and accruals.
- Analysing reports to check for accuracy and consistency.
- Control and correction of cost categorisation.
- Ad hoc tasks and projects
For a full job specification please contact me.
What you'll need to succeed
You definitely need to be the type of person to challenge assumptions. There's a drive across the firm for innovation and this directly impacts on internal finance and the streams it supports. So you'll need to be questioning of current processes and be able to highlight areas of weakness or risk.
If you have worked in a large Professional Services firm, or in a larger corporate (eg FTSE 250) in internal finance then this would be advantageous. In addition:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with relevant experience.
- Clear communication skills, with the ability to develop effective relationships with all levels within the firm.
- Good computer knowledge and skills, especially Excel.
- Proactive in identifying issues and finding solutions.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines.
What you'll get in return
- A flexibens allowance of circa £5K
- Firm-wide bonus scheme
- Agile working culture
- Supportive of working families
Genuinely collaborative culture
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.