My client, a North London-based Local Authority are looking for a Major Applications Planning Officer to join their strategic applications team. You will be joining an ambitious, expanding team that is involved in exciting, large scale regeneration projects and have a number of major development schemes under construction or proposed for the Borough.
The Major Applications Planning Officer vacancy will be running on a long term basis in line with the level of development that the council are seeing, and as part of a growing, exciting team, the council will also be offering you the chance to either condense your hours or work remotely from home.
Duties for the Major Applications Planning Officer role will be:
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications
- The processing of high complexity planning applications, working to achieve an outcome that satisfies all parties involved
- Holding a caseload of Major Planning Applications, and ensuring that outcomes are determined within a given timeframe
- Conducting site visits
- Ensuring that all approved applications coincide with the Local Plan
- Provide any information relating to land and property to professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and planning agents and members of the public.
In order to be successful for the Major Applications Planning Officer role you must degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect), or be eligible for membership of RTPI. You will have a number of years' experience handling major applications at a Local Authority within the UK.
They client will be paying between £30-40 per hour, and are ideally looking for a candidate to start within 2 weeks. Working through Ackerman Pierce will also guarantee you weekly payment for your work, as well as a personal consultant to work with you during the process, along with some loyalty benefits throughout your time with the agency. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job