Major and Complex Loss Adjuster - £Competitive Salary – Glasgow – Full Time Permanent.
Competitive package, including company car and other excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Cunningham Lindsey specialises in the provision of claims management and loss adjusting services. Working in partnership with you, Cunningham Lindsey can offer you a variety of different working arrangements that suit your personal circumstances.
As a Major& Complex Loss (MCL) Adjuster, you`ll have responsibility for your own caseload which will be predominantly commercial claims over the value of £100k . You`ll be responsible for establishing indemnity on each case, working within specified timeframes and a pre-existing model.
Already highly experienced within the claims or adjusting field and ideally within a major loss capacity, you`ll have the ability to identify, evaluate and discern information and apply correct procedures especially with complex policies. Additionally, you`ll have the ability to tailor your approach in handling smaller "fast track" claims, to larger claims requiring a more thorough investigation, such as those in excess of £1m
Your objective will be to position the company as the market leader in the corporate, specialist and niche sector. The ability to establish yourself as the local market contact will be pre-requisite, as will the proven ability to identify business potentials and investigate all cross selling opportunities for business development within existing clients.
Additionally, you`ll also assist in the overall development of strategic plans to fulfil the company`s mission objectives and aims, promote additional revenue growth, profitability and value as an organisation.
You will have/will be:
- Previous experience in dealing with major commercial claims, ideally over the value of £100k
- Previous experience of business development within this field, with both existing and potential clients
- The ability to identify additional business revenue opportunities within existing clients
- Ideally have or be working towards CILA qualification
- A working knowledge of the Principles of Insurance
- Analytical with attention to details interpreting policies
- Able to apply knowledge of current case law, statute and other legal aspects
- An understanding of the principle of indemnity and its application
- An awareness of the FSA and how it relates to their role within the business
- An appreciation of confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 1998 relative to your role
- Proficient keyboard and I.T skills including MS Word and Excel
- Highly numerate and competent in the use of spreadsheets and transaction histories
- Capable of handling own caseload, covering claims from initial instruction to settlement
Cunningham Lindsey is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability