Job Title: Maintenance & Tool Room Manager
Salary: £50k - £60k
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Maintenance - Tool Room - Management - PPM - PL - FMCG - Manufacture - Automotive - CMMS - Lean - MAFACT - WCM - CAPEX
My client, a specialist manufacturer within the automotive industry in Shropshire, are looking for a Maintenance & Tool Room Manager to join their market leading manufacturing site on a permanent basis.
As the Maintenance & Tool Room Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the plant, equipment, tooling and site services are optimised. The Maintenance & Tool Room Manager will be expected to lead a team of multi-disciplined engineers, with the aid of supervisors, focussing on maintaining and improving machinery and equipment uptime, improving productivity, continuous improvement and OEE performance all whilst leading CAPEX projects on site. There will also be a strong focus on the compliance for health, safety, environmental and quality and energy efficiency targets.
The successful Maintenance Manager will be expected to deliver against site KPI's by implementing an effective preventative maintenance plan. You will be creating a LEAN philosophy within the Maintenance & Tool Room teams to ensure all equipment is optimised to achieve business targets as well as developing a strategy to improve the business MAFACT score to a maximum of 5. You will be expected to develop and operate a structured WCM approach to the maintenance department which would improve reliability by exploring all possible opportunities.
The successful Maintenance Manager will ideally have the following:
- Experience in CAD systems
- Data led decision making and team building approach
- Working knowledge of PLC controls
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- Previous experience in an automotive tier 1 environment
- 8D problem resolution experience
- H&S qualification (NEBOSH), or be able to attain a qualification. A further environmental qualification would also be advantageous
- PC literate (MS office)
To be considered for this Maintenance & Tool Room Manager position you must:
- Have a degree in engineering
- Have a management qualification
- Be experienced in press & die tools
- Have project engineering experience
- Have maintenance engineering experience
- Have experience of high volume manufacturing within the automotive industry
- Have experience with budgeting
- Be able to use Proactive Management Activities (TPM, TQC, WCM)
If you are interested in this position, or you would like to find out more, please apply with an updated CV as soon as possible.
Premier are acting as an employment agency
- press tools
- tool room
- die tools