Our Client are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their growing Facilities team.
About The Role:
You will be working alongside the Facilities Manager and existing Maintenance Technician.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be expected to promote and manage the facilities helpdesk, assist with compliance-based tasks including weekly fire alarm testing and emergency light testing.
You will also work on various maintenance jobs around the company and will be responsible for helping to schedule the repair and maintenance of all site equipment and facilities.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for regularly conducting tests to identify any irregularity in the electrical systems, machines, furniture, or other materials that are important for the functioning of the facility.
You will be responsible for purchasing and maintaining stocks for tube lights, bulbs, switches, electric cables, taps, stationary, or any other requirements.
You will also help ensure that the site is a safe, clean and a hygienic place to work in. The safety and security of the site and its facilities is another responsibility of the facilities department. As part of the team, the maintenance technician will actively promote safety standards, and where appropriate conducts tests to ensure that the safety systems, alarms, etc., are working.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical hands-on experience and expand your mechanical, electronics, and facilities skills.
Supporting our current team you will be involved in many tasks such as plumbing, basic electrical, lighting, decoration, office moves/ergonomics, equipment installation and much more.
- Previous experience in a repair, support and/or technician role is essential
- Qualified to NVQ/City & Guilds or Craft Apprenticeship is highly desirable
- Practical, hands on skills either gained in the workplace/personal hobbies
- Experience in Health and Safety, Fire Safety and First Aid is highly desirable
- Be an efficient planner who understands the importance of each process and prioritizes it according to degree of importance
- Experience in managing regular Safety Site checks would be desirable
- Be a self-motivated individual who can also encourage other staff to achieve assigned goals
- Ability to work closely with engineers and other technicians in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to manage your own workload and work with tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of output
- Take pride in your work both in terms of accuracy and quality
- Desire to learn new methods and techniques
- Be an excellent communicator who can maintain a clear flow of information across the organisation and concerned parties
You will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Pension Contribution
- Annual Bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Subsidised Lunches
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working Hours.
Please contact Dean to discuss this role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'