Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Are you a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician with a broad skill base? Hold Experience working on other Facilities Management contracts? Have a good understand of building maintenance and statutory testing regimes?
Looking for a new opportunity - then why not join a leading National and Independent retail business to develop and grow with the company?
Girling Jones are recruiting for a Multi skilled Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for reporting, managing and overseeing all maintenance and compliance testing for the bookshops in a regional area, with the support of the Area Supervisor and approved sub-contractor list and a central head office team. A diverse role allowing the individual to manage and implement continuous improvements to the service delivery. Girling Jones require a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician, electrical bias to maintain 10 - 15 commercial sites, offering a methodical and logical Facilities Maintenance approach.
- Maintenance for the shops in the designated area of 15+ stores
- Work closely with shop teams to identify maintenance issues, log jobs with the Service Desk and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system
- Complete monthly compliance Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and reactive tasks based on competence and skillset, drawing on sub-contractor support where appropriate
- Reporting on performance of sub-contracted works.
- Ensure that all instructions and records are completed and returned to the Service Desk, and all Compliance Certificates returned to RMS / Site Log Book records are updated and maintained all in accordance with standard company practices.
- Manage a 'live' reactive job list for each store, ensuring all jobs are completed within agreed timescales
- Audit the stores on a regular basis to ensure all compliance testing and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) visits are up to date, identifying any reactive tasks that need attending to.
- Ensure all maintenance consumables are available and arrange replenishment to ensure agreed stock levels are maintained
- Ensure that an accurate Site Log Book record of all works remains on site/CAFM System for the store/line managers information and approval
- Undertake on-site diagnostic analysis and report on what further resource may be required
- Undertake a visual condition inspection of all installed equipment / assets and building fabric and report on any items that may jeopardise reliability
- Carry out general maintenance, good housekeeping practices to ensure that the life expectancy of all installed equipment is maximised.
- Participate in Health & Safety Codes of safe working and other environmental issues to ensure total compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental Policy. Report any omissions or risks that might compromise a safe working environment.
- Attend to all reasonable emergency call-out requests as speedily as possible and maintain good communications with the store and Service Desk with the progress of all outstanding works
- Make recommendations to the Area Supervisor on matters concerning continuous improvement and "adding value" that may improve the productivity, costs, quality of service delivery etc.
- Look for ways to continually enhance the operation of the site
What you will need to succeed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities
- Ability to explain complex issues and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Calm and professional approach
- Must be able to problem solve easily
- Friendly and approachable nature with great communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision
- Multi skilled technician with a broad skill base (electrician preferred with 17th edition)
- Experience working on other Facilities Management contracts
- Previous retail experience preferred
- A good understand of building maintenance and statutory testing regimes
- Reasonable level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
What you'll get in return
In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'