Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 shops and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Reporting to the Engineering & Facilities Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance of all process plant, machinery and services throughout the site, with particular emphasis on improvement and Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Deliver maintenance and facilities activities on site, including contractors
- Optimise availability, productivity and performance from plant, machinery and equipment on site.
- Ensure an effective planned preventative maintenance plan is in place and adhered to.
- Work in partnership with the site management team to identify, resolve and communicate issues impacting on production, Health & Safety, Risk Management and future opportunities.
- Ensure safety standards of own team and contractors and within the site are upheld to legislative and Company standards and play an integral role within the site Health and Safety Committee.
- Conduct all relevant inspections and testing to comply with Company Health & Safety Policy and Insurers’ requirements.
- Identify and maximise opportunities to make cost savings, including energy usage
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Engineering qualification (Mechanical / Electrical)
- Experience of maintenance and facilities management,
- Conversant with systems for pneumatics, hydraulics and PLC’s.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to read and interpret site plans and
- Health and Safety and l legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Able to communicate effectively and adopt appropriate style for audience.
- Experience with conveyors and bailing machines is an advantage.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Must be methodical, responsive, highly organized and be able to work on initiative
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"