Location: Port of Liverpool
Salary: £42,928 - £47,698
E.ON Business Heat and Power Solutions (BHPS) is one of the UK’s leaders in operating, maintaining and optimising both our own and customers’ combined heat and power plant. Right now, we’re looking for a Control & instrumentation Maintenance Technician to join our team at the Port of Liverpool. The Port of Liverpool Combined Heat and Power Plant is a 30MWe site that supplies Steam and Electricity to our Energy Partners located on the Liverpool Docks.
Here you will be responsible for planning and supervising routine & non-routine maintenance for all our Control & instrumentation systems. As production is critical to our customers all year round, the ability to investigate the cause of unplanned breakdown events and prioritise work effectively is essential, ensuring repairs are carried out safely and within tight timescales.
Taking a proactive stance, you’ll be keen to develop your personal skills, be self-motivated and willing to travel to other sites for meetings and training and be committed to the success of the facility. This is a challenging role with significant responsibilities, if this appeals to you apply today.
What we need from you:
- HNC/NVQ Level 4 or equivalent along with significant expertise in general engineering principles, with expertise in a specialist skill area – C&I.
- The ability to innovate and appropriately challenge existing processes to improve efficiency.
- The capability and willingness to achieve E.ON’s required competency levels - Competent Person, Nominated Supervisor.
- Contract Management skills and experience to appropriately challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of work.
- Competent in hazard identification, risk assessment and management of risks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A working knowledge of PC based computer systems and maintenance/information management systems.
- Planning and organisational skills to include effective task prioritisation and resource management.
- An understanding of operational practices and procedures and the ability to recognise and diagnose problems, by evaluating information and data to draw conclusions and make decisions.
It would be great if you had:
- A willingness to develop the site by looking for best practise and ways to improve the plant operational and commercial performance.
- An IOSH (Managing Safely) or equivalent qualification as a minimum, demonstrating a clear knowledge of safety practices and management.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial effects of plant operation.
- Ability to build professional relationships with our internal and external stakeholders.
What we'll give you in return:
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Generous pension scheme (with 2 for 1 contributions from E.ON up to 18%).
- Retail discounts and cashback.
- This role is based at Port of Liverpool, Regent Road, Bootle, Liverpool, L20 1ED.
- This role is offered on an 18 month fixed term contract.
- Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
- For more information on reasonable adjustments please click here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON Power Plants Belgium bvba, a subsidiary of E.ON Energy Projects GmbH, is responsible for the sector industrial co-generation for industrial clients in Belgium. The core business encompasses the development, realization and operation of cogeneration plants.