POSITION: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Ellesmere Port
SALARY: NEG DOE
Our client is an internationally recognised FMCG Company. Innovation and Brands are at the heart of everything they do aligned with significant local and international growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure in a company that has doubled its turnover in recent years.
Due to continued expansion the Company are seeking a Maintenance Technician located from their Ellesmere Port site.
Ensuring that all the sites mobile plant and equipment must be suitably lubricated and protected, maintained in accordance to the sites PM system, avoiding lost time for the production team, and ensuring that a mapped out thermal imaging.
- Ensure the regular lubrication of all plant and machinery in plant to prevent breakdowns;
- Assist with pneumatic/mechanical diagnostics and breakdowns;
- Assist with electrical problems;
- Change workplace transport wheels and ensure correct tyre pressures;
- Carry out Mobile plant repairs;
- Welding & fabrication;
- Responsible for ensuring all machine guards/locks are in place and in proper repair at all times;
- Assist with planned preventative maintenance when required;
- Report to Management any Health and Safety issues - ie. Broken / damaged machine guards, Faulty equipment / emergency stops etc;
- Report to Management any defective equipment - e.g. Faulty bearings, conveyor rollers etc.;
- Ensure the Workplace/Workshop/Garage is kept tidy/clean at all times.
- Essential Criteria:
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a similar role;
- Proven mechanical background is essential;
- Excellent problem solving, team working and interpersonal skills;
- Strong literacy, numeracy, communication and IT skills.
- Experience with conveyor systems - mining, quarrying or similar background would be an advantage.
- Due to the site location own transport is essential
Please call Nicola for more information on or email your CV to
- Maintenance Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job