An experienced Maintenance Technician is sought by a world leader in the manufacture of automotive components to join their Wednesbury team working continental shifts.
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Coordinator you will play a leading role in delivering preventative and corrective maintenance, ensuring items of plant and equipment are at all times legally compliant, safe and operational. Your duties will include:
- As a member of the maintenance team undertake preventative and corrective maintenance routines, including hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, electrical and chemical systems attached to production and non-production equipment.
- Undertake work in accordance with plant procedures such as Operator Description Sheets and Isolation Procedures for regular work including chemical safety critical tasks and activities involving safety barriers.
- Complete and abide by the company Permit to Work systems and contractor management procedures.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment
- Undertake reactive maintenance including fault finding, and corrective action during production hours.
- Work with the engineering team to operate an effective Reliability Centred Maintenance system looking at repeat and potential failures and build effective strategies to increase mean time between failures and reduce mean time to repair.
- Participate in multi-discipline problems solving teams to advance manufacturing processes, and quality improvements.
- Maintain accurate records of works orders completed and further work required, maintain spares and stock accuracy by booking out parts used via the company's software solution.
- Support, train, mentor and develop manufacturing team members to implement Autonomous maintenance
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with the Company's H&S Policy.
The successful Maintenance Technician will demonstrate:
- Have experience of working in a similar, automotive manufacturing environment or lower tier COMAH / Chemical site.
- Time Served Apprenticeship, with an appropriate craft or technical qualification, level 3, HNC or equivalent and ideally have 18th edition certification.
- A working knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC's and Fanuc robot controllers would be desirable.
- Experience in fabrication and ability to weld using MIG / TIG and Arc equipment would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of engineering principles together with reasonable numeracy & literacy, appropriate to the level of the role.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work to tight deadlines
- You'll ideally be multi-skilled, and have the ability to fault find across electrical and mechanical systems and control.
- Familiar with and operated under a Permit to Work system has been present.
- Having some working experience with plant safety equipment would also be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrate initiative in delivery plant improvement activity
- Systematic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work alone and with low levels of supervision
- Team player with a cohesive and flexible attitude in supporting business needs
- Capable IT user
- Working Continental Shifts - 4 on 4 off - 12 hours (2 days + 2 nights)
- A self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Conscientious, methodical, task orientated and have the ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- The ability to deliver under pressure, be enthusiastic and responsible
- Excellent salary
- 30% shift allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Fully operational canteen
- Overtime available as and when required
- Full training
- Full occupational health service (physio, nurse etc)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- self-selected benefits through Love 2 Shop connections
- Elective pension scheme that mirrors auto enrolment + 3 x life assurance
- Free on-site parking
Wednesbury, West Midlands
Excellent salary + shift allowance + benefits
- vocational qualification
- automotive / chemical