Our client is the 2nd largest ion exchange manufacturer globally and is the only company dedicated to resin technology. They have been rapidly expanding into the life sciences market and has currently one pilot scale facility in Llantrisant which has been operation since 2014 manufacturing agarose based chromatography resins. To meet increased demand for agarose products and is now recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to work in their new UK production facility to ensure all equipment is safe, functional, and fully maintained to the highest standards.
This is an important role in a new, modern facility to provide proactive support. Engage with the commissioning and production trials in the new facility.
A flexible approach to your work and a willingness to get involved is essential. This role is primarily day work although flexibility is required for call out, shift work and cover
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of equipment throughout the facility during commissioning and start up.
- Support the development and continually maintain the equipment to deliver improvements in efficiency, quality and safety.
- Provide solutions for equipment failure and/or alternatives to overcome any issues that arise.
- Working with the plant engineer, a pro-active and hands on approach is required.
- Compile and analyze data to optimize preventative maintenance procedures.
- Compile reports on work completed, faults found, and solutions used to resolve them.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- HNC/HND level educated (or similar) in instrumentation, electrical, mechanical or similar fields.
- Multi-skilled/Electrical/Instrumentation hands on technician, experienced in production environment.
- Requirements for electrical installations - Electrical 17th edition.
- Experience working in a ISO 9000/GMP facility.
- Experience working with chemicals will be an advantage.
- Experience of PLC driven machinery required (ideally Siemens).
Competitive salary and benefits
Based: Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff,