A leading manufacturer is looking to recruit Maintenance Technicians within an Assembly environment to join their site based in Tyne and Wear. Manufacturing on a global scale, this is an excellent opportunity for Maintenance Technicians to join an excellent automotive company who are offering excellent career progression opportunities. This is a great chance to work with a renowned employer who offers competitive rates of pay and great company benefits.
- Your main responsibility will be to provide breakdown support to the manufacturing areas.
- Carrying out improvements and preventative maintenance on equipment, including working on automated production facilities.
- Responsibilities will include routine maintenance and renovation of assembly equipment.
- Repair and pro-actively identify faults with Robotic equipment, Electrical Control systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Ensure to respond to equipment stoppages in a timely manner and strive to improve assembly equipment.
- Aim to achieve set KPIs.
- Ensure to adhere to departmental systems (including PM and Pirana) and safe working practices and rules.
- You will need to be self-motivated with a great aptitude for attention to detail, you will also need to be very team orientated.
- Completed a recognised electrical or mechatronic apprenticeship with EAL/C&G and 17th Edition Regulations
- Programmable logic controllers and human machine interface (HMI's)
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of MIG welding and Spot welding
- Knowledge of Robotic Welding (ABB/Motorman/Fanuc).
- Reasonable level of mechanical aptitude including welding, fabrication and mechanical fitting
- Experience of working to the latest European H&S harmonized standards.
- An understanding of TPM and PPM processes.
- A good knowledge of maintenance systems.
- Ability to coach others.
- IT Literate. MS Office & AutoCad.
- Proven problem solving skills using structured approach.
- A flexible and team oriented approach.
- Experience within an automotive maintenance environment
- Knowledge of maintenance systems
- Fault Finding & Problem Solving
- Mech & Electrical Principles
- Team Working Skills
- This position is a permanent role from day 1 and is offering highly competitive rates of pay, as well as very generous shift allowances. The global company is also offering a competitive pension with good holiday entitlements.
- Candidates need to be flexible to work a variety of shifts, including days, 3 shift patterns and continentals.
THE POINT OF CONTACT
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job