This role ensures manufacturing facilities and equipment is maintained to keep smooth running, and continuously increase uptime of the equipment.
Sound electrical and mechanical knowledge is required to enable Preventive Maintenance activities are carried out and effective along with fast and accurate fault finding in the event of unforeseen downtime events.
- Carries out all tasks in a safe manner, and ensure those around them are safe at all times.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment, and complies with procedures and regulations.
- Determine, document and complete Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities including identification and rectification, on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Fault finding of equipment both mechanical and electrical issues, including PLC and SCADA systems
- Root Cause Analysis and solutions to prevent issues from recurring.
- Determine and procure electrical and mechanical spares to reduce Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) and increase Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF).
- Able to review technical drawings as required.
- Ensure spares are available and reordered as required.
- Ensures that all equipment meet the legislative requirements.
- Management of contractors as required.
- Provide technical expertise for the specification, purchase, installation and commissioning of new equipment or equipment upgrades ensuring Management of Change processes are adhered to.
- Is conversant with the use of hand tools and power tools to aid maintaining of equipment.
- Ensures an accurate and concise handover to other shifts and ensures that line manager is informed of occurrences.
- Carries out tasks as requested by line manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HNC/HND in either Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 3-5 years previous experience as a multi-skilled maintenance engineer in the industry
- Experience with experience of motors, VFD, control loop, single line diagram, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret process flow diagrams and P&ID's.
- Strong working knowledge and hands on experience with rotating and static equipment.
- Good English language skills in oral and written communication.
- To be able to work on day and late shift.
- Maintain positive "Can Do" attitude & strives for continued improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job