- The Maintenance Technician ( electrical bias ) is an important role within the Interserve operation delivery team and will report directly to their Supervisor. The role will require Planned and Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive work (items of repair), or equipment operation, to be completed to a good quality standard within the time limits defined within the Contract.
- The shift pattern for this role is 4 on, 4 off, this is subject to change in the future. The successful candidate will need to pass security clearance prior to starting the role.
- Undertake the operation, repair, maintenance or ad hoc small work and project work in support of the Facilities Management service undertaken by the Company at Alder Hey. This work will be mechanical, plumbing, electrical, specialist equipment, fabric maintenance etc to fixtures and fittings (appropriate to trade and/or training).
- Ensure Work Orders (or in the future Personal Digital Assistants - PDAs), are utilised as Company procedure requires and that work is attended and completed in time as required by the Contract, completing Risk Assessment beforehand.
- Ensure work is undertaken as required by the Contract, efficiently and to good standard of quality.
- Ensure all details on the Work Order are correctly completed and signed off before issue to Supervisor for final sign off and close down in the Facilities Management IT system.
- Attend Tool Box talks with Supervisor and attend all other training as determined by the Company.
- Ensure that the companies Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and standards are complied with at all times. Actively promote a zero accident culture.
- Undertake Authorised Persons / Competent Persons responsibilities in relation to specified systems as required by the Contract. Ensure where required that only Competent staff undertake work activity.
- Attend work and comply with the duty rosters to meet the requirements of the contract on a 24 hour x 7 day x 365 days/annum basis and for emergency response.
- To establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships with the client and customers, all staff, external agencies, specialist suppliers and all other relevant groups/companies.
- To complete service delivery to ensure that client's needs are met in accordance with contractually agreed targets and service level agreements.
- Assist with reviewing and refining working practices to increase efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
- Fully participate in promoting a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Liaise with all operational teams and client staff and Trust staff as required.
- To ensure customer satisfaction by promoting the highest levels of service in accordance with Interserve & Health Trust Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental standards.Adhere to stated company policies and procedures and carry out all duties in a way which is consistent with and which promotes Interserve values
- Communication and Relationship skills -Provide and receive routine information to inform work colleagues, client staff, patients and customers.
- Knowledge, Training and Experience -Range of work procedures and practices, some non routine. Knowledge of range of procedures for building fabric and repair, maintenance and repair of mechanical, gas, electrical services and equipment. City and Guilds/Apprenticeship,relevant certification or equivalent experience.
- Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental issues -Actively promote a zero accident culture.Work in accordance with relevant legislation, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance & Environment. Compliance with all Interserve QSHE & Trust policies and procedures.
- Analytical and Judgmental Skills - Range of facts and situations requiring analysis, comparison of options. Problem solve faulty equipment, fault diagnosis, interprets operational manuals, establish best solution for problem.
- Planning and Organisational Skills - Organize own day to day work tasks whilst working to Company procedure and Contract requirements. Plan and organize straight forward activities. Schedule work and document activity and associated attend and completion times as required by Work Order.
- Physical Skills - Highly developed physical skills, accuracy important, use of fine tools and equipment.
- Information Technology - Use of Personnel Digital Assistants (PDAs) when completing Planned Preventative Maintenance and attending to Reactive works.
- Reporting -If required provide written reports. Complete Work Orders as Company procedure.
- Patient/Client Care - Incidental patient contact in wards, departments. Advise Trust staff, patients, and customers. If necessary advise on work activity and on use of equipment.
- Responsibility for Policy/Service Development - Adhere to policies.
- Financial and Physical Resources - Ensure work is expedited and completed in an efficient and workmanlike manner.
- Human Resources - May be day to day line manager for Technical Services Assistant and trainees or Agency workers. Implement Company HR policy. Participate in grievance and disciplinary measures.
- Behavioural Competence - Champion quality, safety and customer satisfaction. Possess good client skills. Motivational approach to leadership and good to work with.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'