Are you an innovative thinker who likes solving problems?
As a Maintenance Technician you'll maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical and instrumentation equipment in our sewage treatment works and pumping stations, such as process control loops for pump control and chemical dosing, as well as carrying out the repair and maintenance of electrical motor drive systems and associated control systems - this will include inverter drives and basic motor starting. You'll also support the company's drive to continually improve safety standards as you'll be responsible for ensuring all activities are performed in a safe and diligent manner.
Let's talk about what skills or experience you'll need to be able to do the job.
With significant experience installing and maintaining instrumentation and electrical equipment, you'll also have experience in working with industrial equipment, such as motors, starters and invertors. You'll need to have experience in undertaking fault diagnostics and resolving issues in a timely manner. Likewise, you'll have working knowledge of PLC control, ladder logic data paths and eSCADA type systems.
We're looking for a positive, team player, whose comfortable using their own initiative as you'll need to come up with a variety of solutions to problems you're faced with. So keeping calm and work well under pressure is key, as is having a flexible approach to work, as you'll be participating in a 24/7 stand-by rota. Experience working within the sewerage industry would be an advantageous but not essential.
As a Maintenance Technician - Electrical/Mechanical your key skills and competencies will include:
* Positive team player with the ability to work alone using own initiative.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify complex information to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to provide a variety of solutions to problems that arise.
* Flexible working approach with the confidence and ability to respond quickly to many different situations that can arise.
* Ability to keep calm and work well under pressure.
* Willingness and motivation to develop and learn within the role.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have the following qualifications:
* A formal apprenticeship in Mechanical Maintenance with a minimum qualification of NVQ3 (or equivalent) in either Electrical or Mechanical.
* A full driving license.
* It would be desirable to have additional Mechanical Maintenance qualifications (Desirable)
* It would be beneficial to have 17th Edition Regulations C&G 2382 (Desirable)
Severn Trent benefits include:
* Salary of up to £29,500 per annum
* Fantastic Pension scheme - The company contribution will be twice your contribution (up to 15% when you contribute 7.5%)
* 25 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
* Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
This is a full time role based at our Finham site in Coventry.
Who are we?
We are an ambitious and evolving FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1 million people from the Bristol Channel to the Humber, mid-Wales to East Midlands - enjoy the wonders of water every day. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership and through all of this making sure the wonder of water is readily available to everyone; today and for future generations.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job