The first of four, our Hatfield fulfilment centre is our most established major distribution depot. This site is an automated warehouse where all Ocado products are stored. It also facilitates our customers’ orders which are picked and dispatched, using highly sophisticated systems and processes, enabling Ocado to deliver in one hour time slots. In order to run such an operation, a skilled and dedicated team of engineers must be on hand to carry out maintenance and repairs at all times
£20,000 - £25,000 + Potential Overtime.
42 hours per week.
Working 5 out of 7 days per week
Ocado is a rapidly growing online grocer and we are looking for NVQ level Engineering Technicians to work in our growing number of highly automated warehouses.
We are looking for candidates with experience in any of the following fields; Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Compressor Service, Factory Maintenance, Forces (Navy, Army, Air Force), Air Handling, PLC based machinery or similar. Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given.
We will need you to have demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability. You will have Good organisation skills and be able to prioritise.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical skills as an engineer and benefit from high quality training and mentoring.
Working within the engineering maintenance team, this role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Actioning repairs diagnosed from production related breakdowns
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job