Responsible for the mechanical maintenance of a variety of hot works equipment (a number of furnaces and a GFM Forge). To contribute towards the running of a highly effective predictive and preventative maintenance system to prevent unscheduled outages. You will be highly motivated and will require the minimum of follow up, you will possess a high degree of flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude to your work as well as being detail orientated and organised. You will be a major exponent of Health and safety practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintenance of Furnaces and GFM Forge.
• Willingness to take part in the development, creation and implementation of PPM schedules to achieve maximum machine availability.
• Work with specialist OEM service engineers.
• You will be required to understand complex electrical and mechanical systems, be able to diagnose problems, perform safety & quality risk assessments and effect repairs quickly and safely.
• Identify, set up and control critical spares requirements.
• Utilising the maintenance management system for generation of maintenance schedules, logging of work & closure of work orders.
• Calibration of gas/electric furnaces.
• Daily updating of communication boards
• Host morning meetings and delivery of hazard alerts when required.
• Involvement with PSR and review of SWP’s/RA’s with team members.
• Initial incident reporting including brief written report of incident.
• Input and involvement with training new starters in line with the department training matrices.
• Escalation of any departmental issues to the Shift Manager or Supervisor / Departmental Manager (eg: HSE / Quality Concerns)
• Ensure the department is sufficiently manned up across all functions at all times
• Report Holiday’s and Overtime requirements to Supervisor/Manager
• Encourage pro safety culture in line with the company requirements
WORKING 4 ON 4 OFF SHIFT PATTERN
• A relevant qualification e.g. HND, C&G, NVQ,ONC,HNC or an appropriate apprenticeship. Allthough candidates without the above who have relevant industrial knowledge and experience will be considered
• Some electrical experience/qualification or the willingness to undertake electrical cross skilling training.
• Experience of Furnaces and their control system.
• Experience of instrument engineering.
Ideally have the following/desireable:
• Substantial experience within an a medium to heavy industrial environment
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• A good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
• PC literate
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy
• Exemplary timekeeping and attendance
• Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
• Ability to direct and influence others without having line management accountability
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job