• To manage effective responsive repairs service
• Ensure all compliance tests and works are carried out in a timely manner, schedules and certificates are provided and all electronically recorded.
• Jointly with Maintenance Assistant, handle repair calls and requests from tenants, and issue repairs orders as required.
• Ensure office presence is constantly maintained between the post holder and the Maintenance Assistant, and also annual leave arranged to address this requirement.
• Ensure all works orders are issued by the post-holder or Maintenance Assistant have sufficient details avoiding any variations later on.
• Monitor all orders to ensure works are completed within the Associations timescales and to expected standards
• Carry out pre / post inspections in order to ensure a high quality maintenance and value for money service.
• To attend and carry out snagging for a variety of building works and manage defects are attended to and completed in time.
• Inspect empty properties (voids) to identify repairs required to meet the association’s letting standard
• Carry out surveys and inspections for a variety of repair and maintenance works, such as defect diagnosis, general condition surveys and provide relevant specifications for the works as and where required.
• Write specifications and manage works, raise appropriate works orders and liaise with contractor throughout process, ensuring quality service and timely completion.
• Where appropriate, ensure insurance claims are submitted, works completed and records updated.
• Deal with queries and complaints
• Monitor and report on performance against targets as required by line management for all responsive maintenance functions and other works under control. Provide KPIs
• Carry out regular 1:1 meeting with staff within the team, set objectives, provide coaching where required and take summary notes.
• Undertake inspections as instructed by the line management in relation to other maintenance works, and carry out stock condition surveys updates of the Association’s stock portfolio and update the system
• Ensure the Association’s repair/asset management databases systems are kept up to date reflecting the completion of maintenance programmes and works
- Educated to BTEC, ONC, HNC or equivalent in Building Studies or related field of construction
- Minimum two years' experience in social housing responsive maintenance works on client side
- Experience of managing and monitoring building contractors
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience and ability to diagnose defects
- Ability to lead a small team
- Computer literate
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job