Your new company
Asset management and housing management services for tenants and leaseholders of Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council is now being delivered by a new team. This new housing service called Homes First is part of the Lewes-Eastbourne shared services arrangement and Homes First will be having its official launch in spring 2018. Homes First amalgamates Lewes District Council's in house management of social housing with Eastbourne Borough Councils arms length management organisation (ALMO) Eastbourne Homes Ltd. Homes First manages a combined property portfolio of over 8,500 homes and will invest almost £20M per annum in maintenance, service contracts, major repairs and improvements. Our service is also growing as the Councils' new investment companies develop new housing covering a range of different tenures and accommodation types
Your new role
Working within the Property Services team, you will undertake maintenance surveying and contract administration duties for their portfolio of 8,500 properties. You will ensure that the repairing obligations to residents are delivered to a high standard and to the terms of their tenancy agreements, leases and management agreements. Homes First has a varied property portfolio from rural individual properties to flats in busy town centres. The team of Maintenance Surveyors will cover property portfolios owned by both Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils. The role incorporates:
- Inspection and diagnosis of defects
- Producing clear specifications , schedules of work and instructions to remedy defects
- Write reports (where necessary) to refer repair work for inclusion in larger major repair programmes
- Supervise works in progress
- Evaluate, approve or reject claims and invoices received from contractors
- Inspect and sign off completed works
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints
- Obtain and evaluate tenders and quotations
- Assist with Insurance claims
- Ensure section 20 notices are issued to leaseholders where necessary
- Monitor and report on the performance of contractors
- Undertake assessments: Legionella, asbestos, fire risk, estate safety.
- Manage works to vacant properties to minimise rent loss.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to diagnose a wide range of defects from an excellent understanding of building pathology
- Clear and concise specification writing
- Ability to estimate the cost of works
- Schedule of Rates experience
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure high standards of service delivery.
- It would be beneficial if you have worked for a RSL or lettings agent before
- Recognised building technical qualification
- Experience of supervising repair works
- Excellent IT skills
What you'll get in return
You'll be entitled to flexible working arrangements, 25 days holiday ( rising to 27 after 5 years service), Local Government Pension Scheme, and a car user allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.